I've MOVED! Come check out my new website and blog! reneeyeoman.com

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Long run cut short

Saturday I ran about five miles, then picked up Katherine and we continued on.  It was very windy and a storm was threatening to take over the valley.  We decided to go on an adventure through historic Sandy and see some new sights.  

This stop light talked to us, "Wait to cross 9400 south."  
The cold wind picked up and we put on our head socks.
Let the snow commence!
It was pretty warm, so the snow was really wet and was sticking to our whole bodies.  My arms and thighs were covered with a blanket of cold, wet snow.  In a matter of minutes it went from partly cloudy and windy to a white out snow storm with inches of snow on the ground.  We were soaked and freezing and decided to call it quits.  This is the first time I've ever cut a run short due to weather.  
My entire body looked like this!  Brrr!

It was a very good run, despite the brutal conditions and I really wished we could have continued.  It just wasn't the smart thing to do.  

16.69
3 hr 34 min
12:50 pace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me feel loved.