I've MOVED! Come check out my new website and blog! reneeyeoman.com

Friday, September 5, 2014

the Uncle

I got a new toy!  Say hello to my Sony action cam!  Last weekend Katherine and I did about 14.5 miles on the Bonneville Shoreline Trail, including the infamous Uncle Fucker.  I've never been able to figure out if it's Uncle Fucker, as in: "Man, that Uncle Fucker is such a climb!" or if it's Uncle Fucker as in, "Man, that climb sure is an uncle fucker!" Either way, it's steep.
It was a rough start morning for both of us, but after a few miles  and quite the climb we were grinning and having a blast!  Plus we saw a couple interesting creatures along the way!

The clouds were amazing!





 The decision: to climb or not climb?
 Climb!  Uncle Fucker is that-a-way!




 Oh, just a walk in the park... a park with an 18% grade that is.
 The climb is always worth it for the views!






 We eat mountains for breakfast!  BOOM!







 This one is my favorite!  Flying downhill!

 So turns out this creepy little fella is a Jerusalem Cricket.  Craziest. Bug. Ever!

 Katherine and Renee, what did you think of that bug?


 Hey, a fluffy bunny!  Now, that I like!
 Party running at it's finest!

Loving my new toy!  Thanks for the wonderful day in the hills, friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me feel loved.