I've MOVED! Come check out my new website and blog! reneeyeoman.com

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Rain, Sun, Lots of Fun!


I can't get enough early morning mountain runs! Today I ran from Hidden Valley Park down to Corner Canyon on the Bonneville Shoreline Trail. I ran into a bit of rain about a mile in, but it only lasted about ten minutes and there was a lot of tree cover, so I didn't get too wet. Meghan texted me to make sure I still wanted to run since it was raining.  She makes me laugh!  C'mon Meghan!  I ran all dang winter, a little rain isn't going to stop me!  Meghan and I had planned on meeting up at the Coyote Hollow trailhead in Draper at 7:15a and I arrived just a few minutes before. By then, the sun was coming out and it was turning into a beautiful day. Meghan and I ran up Clark's and down Coyote Hollow which is one of my favorite runs right now.  I contemplated running the hour back to my car, but it was already 8:20a and I was ready to get home and hopefully shower before anyone woke up.  Luckily that worked out and everyone was sleeping at my house when I got home.  It was a fantastic run.  I felt great, and even better, it was one of those fantastic runs that puts in you a great mood for the rest of the day!

Hidden Valley Park
Waterfall
Just before I got caught in the rain.
Mountain Lion bridge.
Thanks, Lindsay, for this brilliant idea.  I have taken the wrong way back more than once.
Scattered showers.
Waiting for Meghan at the Coyote Hollow trailhead.

My new green visor!  Visor LOVE.
We hadn't run a mile and Meghan had to stop for a photo op.  This canyon is so beautiful it's hard to run without stopping for photos!
A little trailside ab work.  Hey, is there any more beautiful place to stop for some morning crunches?


Meghan's dog, Lola was so excited to be out on the trail with us today!
Thanks for the wonderful run, Mae!  And for the lift to my van!


8.7 miles
1hr 58 min
13:34 pace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me feel loved.