I've MOVED! Come check out my new website and blog! reneeyeoman.com

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Daily Mile

Today's run, if you can call it that, consisted of a lot of hiking.  I had a really hard time deciding where to run, so I decided to have a little adventure.  I headed to Hidden Valley park, and out the Bonneville Shoreline Trail to the Trail of the Eagle.  I had been on a very brief jaunt up the Trail of the Eagle in July on a hike with my father in law, but hadn't been very far up it.  So I figured today was my day.  I didn't make it more than about three quarters of a mile up the Trail of the Eagle before I had to turn around.  It was too steep to run up and almost too steep to run down.  The downhill would have been much more runnable if there hadn't been so much loose gravel and rocks.  There were also quite a lot of places where the trail was washed out due to all the rain this Spring.  It was fun and beautiful, but slow going.  Good training for those climbs I'll be making on Antelope Island in October!

Antelope Island course and elevation profile.

View of Bear Canyon from Trail of the Eagle.



The smaller mountains in the distance is where Sapper Joe starts off.

You can just see Antelope Island in the distance.

Hello from 6,015'!  I climbed 837' in one mile.  Not shabby.



4.6 miles
1:21
17:36 average pace

2 comments:

  1. Well done on the huge vertical! I know how pace can look so different when you add in all that climbing.

    I am so jealous that you're running Antelope Island. If I wasn't already registered for another race I'd be there in a heartbeat. You will love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Sometimes it doesn't "feel" like running when you do so much slow climbing! I'm super excited about the Antelope Island 50k! I did the Buffalo Run in March and loved it, so I'm really looking forward to this one!

      Delete

Comments make me feel loved.