"It's very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat other runners. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit."
-George Sheehan

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Daily Mile & Lift

I figured something very important out today.  Lately, when I run on the treadmill at the gym the front of my shins gets totally cramped.  I chalked it up to running on the 'mill and let it go.  But, today I decided to lift and then do a road run since I knew it would be pretty warm.  And it happened on my run!  By about one mile into my run, the front of my shins was a hot mess and I had to stop at my house at 1.5 miles to foam roll my shins.  Then it dawned on me!  It's pump!  It only happens when I run after lifting!  Duh! It was like a light bulb.  So, now I know.  Run first, lift second.  Very important!  

I also took Ozzy running with me for the first time in quite a while.  After the elbow dysplasia diagnosis he was constantly limping after runs, so I haven't run him in months.  I only took him the first mile and a half and he did great, and still no limping!  Yay!

Chest & Arms day
Bench press
Narrow triceps dips
Dumbbell bench press
Skull crushers
Barbell biceps curls
Overhead cable rope triceps extensions
Cable biceps curls

Love this pup!  Crossing my fingers I get my run buddy back!
A girl and her dog on a nice warm Spring Winter day.
Plus, look who came out to play!  Hello bicep vein.  I think I love you.
3 miles
30:28
10:09 average pace

2 comments:

Comments make me feel loved.