I've MOVED! Come check out my new website and blog! reneeyeoman.com

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Daily Mile & Lift

I figured something very important out today.  Lately, when I run on the treadmill at the gym the front of my shins gets totally cramped.  I chalked it up to running on the 'mill and let it go.  But, today I decided to lift and then do a road run since I knew it would be pretty warm.  And it happened on my run!  By about one mile into my run, the front of my shins was a hot mess and I had to stop at my house at 1.5 miles to foam roll my shins.  Then it dawned on me!  It's pump!  It only happens when I run after lifting!  Duh! It was like a light bulb.  So, now I know.  Run first, lift second.  Very important!  

I also took Ozzy running with me for the first time in quite a while.  After the elbow dysplasia diagnosis he was constantly limping after runs, so I haven't run him in months.  I only took him the first mile and a half and he did great, and still no limping!  Yay!

Chest & Arms day
Bench press
Narrow triceps dips
Dumbbell bench press
Skull crushers
Barbell biceps curls
Overhead cable rope triceps extensions
Cable biceps curls

Love this pup!  Crossing my fingers I get my run buddy back!
A girl and her dog on a nice warm Spring Winter day.
Plus, look who came out to play!  Hello bicep vein.  I think I love you.
3 miles
30:28
10:09 average pace

2 comments:

Comments make me feel loved.