I've MOVED! Come check out my new website and blog! reneeyeoman.com

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

How to not squash yourself with a barbell

Two notable things happened on Monday. One is that I almost don't need assistance on tricep dips anymore.  I'm down to the 6 pin, which is really cool.  The other is that for the first time ever while doing a bench press, I had to set the barbell on it's end and sit up because I couldn't get the bar back up after my last rep.  I just calmly set the barbell on it's end, sat up and put it back on the rack. This was actually not nearly as embarrassing as I had always envisioned it.  I was nearing the end of my routine and had pushed myself to failure.  That is a good thing.  At least I didn't drop it on myself, which would have been highly embarrassing!  

Bench press
Narrow grip triceps dips
Dumbbell press
Dumbbell seated overhead tricep extension
Decline bench press 
Triceps cable pull down
2 mile (long slow and agonizing two mile) dreadmill run 

I can almost do triceps dips without assistance!
Triceps are filling out!  That's worth a smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me feel loved.