I've MOVED! Come check out my new website and blog! reneeyeoman.com

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Brutality to Bliss

Never ever ever stop a run because you feel crappy, before mile three. These are words I must live by. Yesterday I started off in search of a trailhead (The Orson Smith Trailhead) that I couldn't find. After thirty minutes of driving around in the van I found it. I was rather frustrated by that point and not in a happy mood.  Then, the first entire mile was uphill into the wind (the weather called for 31 mph winds, gusting up to 43 mph.) I had Ozzy on the leash because there was a biker up ahead of me and I didn't want him bothering him. I was feeling like the six miles ahead of me might as well be a marathon, but I kept putting one foot in front of the other.  I kept reminding myself that I can't control the weather on race day and promised myself to run at least three miles, but by the time I got to mile two I was feeling much much better.  I was on a smaller section of trail that hugged the mountain a bit more and the wind let up considerably improving my mood immediately.  There were patches of snow, ice, mud, water and rocks on this part of the Bonneville Shoreline Trail that I'd only ever run a couple times before.  By the time I hit mile three I was feeling like a champ and by mile mile five I was running in the eights! Fantastic!

6.13 miles
1hr 16 min
12:24 pace

This picture was taken, literally, on the run!
My very happy running buddy.
Yes, I was wearing shorts.  It was only about 48 degrees out.
Beautiful!  This is why I love trail running!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me feel loved.