I've MOVED! Come check out my new website and blog! reneeyeoman.com

Monday, December 31, 2012

Daily Snow Hike

Today Katherine and I hit up the Bonneville Shoreline Trail.  It was 25° out and snowing.  It was very rough going as the trail was very uneven and very slippery.  We had to slow to a crawl in many places just to get up and down steep slippery sections.  I was feeling very stiff and achy.  I found myself cursing a week of sea level runs.  It was, however beautiful out and I'm sure it was very good training for my race as it could very well end up being similar conditions.  Not that I want to think about a.) running in conditions like that for 31 miles, or b.) how long it would take me to finish a race in those conditions!  It felt more like a snow hike than a run.  What did Katherine call it?  A snowy mountain adventure, I think.

  Katherine snapped these three photos while we crept along.  Killer icicles.
Making my way down a rather slick section.
Blue skies over the valley.
I snapped this one after we were done.  I have a snow mustache!
We called it quits early.  Honestly I'm glad we made it as far as we did!  
3.1 miles
56:48
18:19 pace (The answer to how long would it take me to run a 50k in these conditions?  9 hours 27 mins at that pace! Yikes!  Hope for sunshine!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me feel loved.