I've MOVED! Come check out my new website and blog! reneeyeoman.com

Monday, January 7, 2013

Lame cramps

Leg cramps should be called lame cramps. I made it a whopping two miles on the treadmill today before I limped out of the gym and went home with a horrid cramp in my right calf. I was in tears by the time I got home. Luckily a hot bath, vapoRub and some ibuprofen have me feeling as good as new. I also took a multivitamin and drank some coconut water. I think a good multivitamin may now be in my running routine. I have have a few theories as to why I'm all of a sudden getting leg cramps. They include shin splint, vitamin deficiency (from celiac disease), and cold weather. It could be all or none of these, but it helps me get through situations to at least attempt to figure out what is going on. It blows my mind that I can happily run for four, plus hours one day and end up quitting in tears two days later after a measly 25 minutes of running. I guess all runs cannot be wonderful. Let's hope for a good run tomorrow.  And no more calf cramps!

2 miles
Approx 22 minutes
11 min pace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me feel loved.