I've MOVED! Come check out my new website and blog! reneeyeoman.com

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The "R" Word

For some reason, and this seems to be universal, we runners will run until we nearly puke, pass out, cry or worse, but ask us to rest and you'd think someone just said the world was coming to an end!  My leg is 90% better, but just to make sure I'm able to run my race strong and well, I've decided to replace my weekday runs with other cardio this week.  Rest is the hardest thing I've had to do in this training plan.  That includes a three hour run in the rain, a four hour run in the city in a snowstorm, and a four hour run on Antelope Island in a foot and a half of snow.  Seriously, any running conditions seem easier than not running at all.

Today I went to the gym and did 30 minutes on the bike trainer and 30 minutes on the elliptical.  I got sweaty and out of breath, but it's just not the same as pounding it out on the road or a trail.  The good news is that my leg feels really solid today.  Melissa worked on me again yesterday (and has offered to again on Thursday, bless her!) after a chiropractor adjustment and I've been very religious about my stretching and rolling routine.  Let's go right leg!  I'm tired of the "R" word!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me feel loved.