I've MOVED! Come check out my new website and blog! reneeyeoman.com

Friday, November 16, 2012

Cross Training

I've finally added some cross training to my running.  I've known for quite some time that I needed to, but my marathon really punctuated that.  By about mile 25 in the marathon my low back and biceps were killing me.  I could tell that with more core and upper body training I would have been better off.  So, the week after St. George I started hitting the gym with Jeff.  Mostly we do weight lifting, but I have been putting some time in on the elliptical and bike trainer too.

Yesterday was chest and triceps.  I have been making it to the gym about one to three times a week and have really been enjoying the time with Jeff.  I figure by the time March rolls around I'll be a lot stronger for my 50k!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me feel loved.