I've MOVED! Come check out my new website and blog! reneeyeoman.com

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Viscounti Run

Well call me Mo Farah!  Guess who was doing the chasing today?*  If you guessed Katherine was chasing Renee, you are the winner!  Katherine and I met up just before 9am and headed out on one of our regular routes.  It is an out and back that happens to be uphill on the way out and a speedy downhill on the way back.  It is one of my favorite runs.  We refer to it as the "Viscounti run" because from my house out we run through the neighborhood, up Viscounti Drive and beyond.  My PR on this route is under 49 minutes.  We didn't quite make that, but we were pretty swift.  We ran 5 miles in 50:42, a 10:08 min/mile pace!** I felt amazing.  It was one of those runs that feels good from start to finish and makes you happy to be alive! I think my body likes the cold weather because I have been feeling great this week! Bring on Winter!



*Disclaimer: Katherine was chucking her cookies a mere 24 hours prior to this run!  So, despite my speed today I can't brag too much.

**I realize that a 10:08 min/mile pace is more than double what Mo Farah's pace is.  But it's fast for me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me feel loved.