I've MOVED! Come check out my new website and blog! reneeyeoman.com

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Daily Miles, or lack thereof...

Tuesday I just didn't feel like running, so I decided to switch it up a bit.  An online friend of mine, Astrid, is now a Beach Body coach and is kicking her body into mad shape.  You should check out her website.  She is the mother of five year old triplets and has washboard abs.  If I didn't like her so much, I'd hate her.  Anyhow, I digress.  She posts workouts daily on Facebook, so I decided to give one a whirl.  Here is the workout I did:
-50 jumping jacks
-50 high knees
-1 minute plank hold
-50 butt kicks
-50 reverse plank crunches
-1 minute reverse plank hold

Do this 3 times through!

It felt good.  It was quick and made me feel like I wasn't quite so lazy for choosing not to run.  Also, I can tell my hamstrings need more help than the other areas of my legs.  Must. Work. Hamstrings.  Then, yesterday morning I got up with a crazy stiff and sore (we'll call it knee pit, because the pit of my left knee was sore and what on earth is that called anyway?!) knee pit.  So, despite getting up and fully dressed in running clothes by 6am, I didn't run again yesterday.  I've spent the day resting it, icing, ibuprofen.  All the good stuff.  It must have worked because I woke feeling like a new person this morning!  Meghan met me here at 6am and we did a nice and easy four before starting our respective days.

This week is flying by and this weekend I am looking forward to running with a group of ladies in Millcreek Canyon again.  Oh boy!

4.04 miles
49:01
12:07 pace

2 comments:

  1. What on earth are reverse plank crushes? Now I have to go Google that shizz and I'm a little scared what I might find... those sound intense!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me feel loved.