I've MOVED! Come check out my new website and blog! reneeyeoman.com

Friday, September 26, 2014

Huntsman 5k

Last weekend I ran my first 5k!  A runner friend of mine, Dona, recently lost her twin sister to Leukemia.  Dona has since been raising funds for AML.  

If you would like to help, here's how:
 When she texted me to ask if I'd join her team and run, I didn't hesitate to say yes!  The run was fun, yet strange.  As I'm usually taking the first three to five miles very easy, I knew I needed to step it up. I didn't break any land speed records (I'm pretty sure I've said that particular phrase about five millions times!) I felt good and did pretty well! 

Dona and I after the race. She had t-shirts made up for the whole team!  Team Eileen, in memory of her sister.
 
Go Team Eileen!  Dona, cheering other team members into the finish!
 
Michelle, Dona and I have run quite a few miles together.  Both, wonderful ladies!  I was happy to be part of this!
 

Official time 31:52.4
10:17 average pace
Not bad for a distance runner who just ran a hard trail marathon the weekend prior!  [pats self on back]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me feel loved.