I've MOVED! Come check out my new website and blog! reneeyeoman.com

Sunday, March 2, 2014

100k Training Plan

Welp.  Here she is.  Starting tomorrow I will be in training mode until my target race for the year, Antelope Island 100k on October 11th.  The week of April 28th I will begin using (more or less) the training program from Relentless Forward Progress.  I have switched some weeks up to suit my racing schedule and I actually left one run a week out, because I've found in the past that four runs per week on most weeks works well for me, and because I want plenty of time to continue my weight lifting.  The strength is important for my big race in fall.  As always, I will be open to changes as I go along.  And I'm sure I'll be forced to make changes, because sometimes stuff happens.  However, I'm feeling pretty good about the way things are laid out.  Wish me luck!  

p.s. I won't necessarily run my runs each Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday, this is just so I know what I'm supposed to run that week.  However, long runs will be on the weekends.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, looks like very low mileage for a 100k. Why no running on Sundays? How did you do?

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me feel loved.