I've MOVED! Come check out my new website and blog! reneeyeoman.com

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Daily Mile & Lift

Yesterday I didn't think I was going to get a workout in, but then at the end of the day after all the kids were asleep I decided to head to the gym.  I don't think I've ever been to the gym that late before, but it was pretty great.  There was almost no one there!  I was feeling surprisingly perky for 9 o'clock at night and really powered through a back, shoulder & biceps workout including a new dead lift PR!  I did two sets of 155lbs! 

15 mins elliptical
Military press
Wide grip upright rows
Barbell biceps curls
Wide grip lat pull downs
Dead lifts
Cable biceps curls- drop set

BOOM!  There it is!  One hundred fifty five pounds!  Eighteen pounds over body weight!
Arms and lats are growing!  I love it when the locker room is empty!  I can take tons of selfies! 




Then, this morning I wore my running gear to the girl's school to volunteer in Lila's class so I could squeeze in a run before picking up my youngest.  I almost didn't go.  I was tired and sore from Monday's leg day and last night's hard push.  I seriously contemplated taking a nap instead.  But I sucked it up and went anyway. I took a generous amount of walk breaks and enjoyed the beautiful blue sky and view of the mountains.  I thought a lot about my goals for the year and ended up very pleased with myself for running, even though I didn't want to.  I know it was only three miles, but often those are the hardest runs for me.
3 miles
35:33
11:51 average pace

Then I came home to this awesome present from my husband.  For his birthday, he bought me a lifting belt!  What a guy!  And it's pink, too!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me feel loved.