I've MOVED! Come check out my new website and blog! reneeyeoman.com

Friday, October 2, 2015

My 6 month transformation

I have to say that the sport of bodybuilding is much more than meets the eye.  Most, and I can include my previous self to this statement, see the scantily clad made up faces of the women on stage and assume they are a high maintenance crowd.  One might assume that the competition is only about looks or that competitors are vain.  I have to say that I was wrong.  Very very wrong.  Bodybuilders are the some of the most humble people I've ever had the pleasure to meet.  It's very much like the ultrarunning crowd.  You can't put yourself through such rigorous and strict training without developing a sense of camaraderie with those who are also doing the same. They are a group of  extremely dedicated and hard working people. The fact of the matter is, just like myself, most of these women live in spandex with their hair in a pony tail because they're too busy cooking, eating, and sweating at the gym to be worried with such things as make up or high heels. 

Ultrarunning is hard.  Really really hard.  But competition prep took hard to a whole new level for me.  It's not just the training.  I love lifting weights. That's the easy part. The diet adds a whole new level.  After finishing a long run I would come home and eat like there was no tomorrow!  Now, it's egg whites and chicken and rice all day long.  Of course, I eat other things too like healthy fats and vegetables but there's no wiggle room. No bowls of cereal or cake on your birthday (yeah, that was bad timing). Bodybuilding is a 24-7 sport.  It gets really difficult.  Plus, 70 minutes of intervals on a stairmill while completely carb depleted is a new level of pain and suffering.

Despite all that I still want more.  I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment.  But, just like ultrarunning, along with the pain is the most amazing sense of accomplishment!  I built that!  I did that! I ran 50 MILES!  I competed in a figure competition!  And took home a trophy!  Yeah, I can't wait to do it again!

Now, for the fun part.  Here is my six month transformation!

Day 1-December 1, 2014 Competition day-June 6, 2015
And a few more fun pictures from behind the scenes! 
The night of check in, in my new Skill PT team jacket!
Headed off to pre-judging!  I was so happy show day was finally here!
Before finals.  Of course, my girl Katherine came to cheer me on!
 
A behind the scene shot that Jeff took.  Get it? behind the scenes?  lol #sorrynotsorry
 


The ladies of team Skill PT!
My evening routine!  I had SO much fun!

To all the hard working ladies whom I had the pleasure of share the stage, YOU ROCKED!  I can't wait to share the stage with you again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me feel loved.