I've MOVED! Come check out my new website and blog! reneeyeoman.com

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Goal #3

Thinking more about my goals for the year, I decided to talk about why each of these is important to me.  I'm not, however, going to talk about them in numerical order.  I picked #3 to talk about because I'm sure this is the one that draws the most skepticism.  "Why on earth does she think she need to lose weight?!"  Yes, I know I'm skinny.  It's not totally about that.  Even at my heaviest ever (160lbs at 26 years old) I wasn't what you'd call fat.  I've always been skinny.  But, it's genetic.  Hey, take a look at my dad for crying out loud!

My Daddy is so skinny, he has to hop around in the shower just to get wet!

It's how I'm built.  So, for me 130 lbs, or even 120 lbs isn't out of line. I'm 5'7 1/2" and at my current weight of 137 I have a BMI  of 21.5, which is right in the middle of normal. That's great and all, but I want stronger, faster, leaner.  Now let me just clarify what I mean by faster.  I'm not talking Mo Farah fast, or even Karl Meltzer fast.  I'm talking eleven and a half minute miles versus twelve and a half minute miles.  A real land speed record, I know, but it would be nice to be able to finish my next 50k in less than seven and a half hours!  I know that weight is only one component of this, and may or may not even help me out in that aspect.  But hey, even if it doesn't make me faster  it wouldn't be such a bad thing to see my abs, now would it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me feel loved.