I've MOVED! Come check out my new website and blog! reneeyeoman.com

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Peace, love and mountain lions

I feel like I should say something about the horrific events at the Boston Marathon instead of just rattling on about how great my run was today.  But honestly, I just plain don't know what to say.  It was horrible and I really hate to hear that sort of news, but I am just at a loss.  So, the best thing I can do is continue my happy running and keep on keepin' on.  I only hope that these events don't put fear into people and make them stop  running, or doing whatever it is they do.  Amidst the throngs of words of love, peace and sorrow over the bombings on Facebook I saw a quote that made me smile,  "If you're trying to defeat the human spirit, marathoners are the wrong group to target."  Very insightful Mighty Brighties.

And now, to rattle on about how good my run was today.  Today was awesome.  Katherine and I met up at the Bonneville Shoreline Trail at just after 5am.  It was dark and scary, and I was half sure we'd be eaten by a mountain lion.  But, we weren't and it was spectacular.





Beautiful.  Beautiful.  Beautiful.

Keep on running.

4.33 miles
1 hr 12 min
16:38 pace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me feel loved.