I've MOVED! Come check out my new website and blog! reneeyeoman.com

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Daily Mile

Well, my training plan is now calling for some longer mid week runs, so today I headed out for a 10 miler.  Luckily my wonderful son, Kurtis, is back home from his summer trip and was able to stay home (in bed asleep) with the girls.  They are all actually still asleep as I type this!  I got to actually leave in the daylight at the late hour of 6:30am.  I didn't really have a plan, I just headed out and then I decided that I'd see how far it was to run to the Dimple Dell gully from Highland Drive.  So I ran (just over 5K) to the gully, ran a couple miles there and then came back home.  I had to add a bit of extra mileage in my neighborhood, but it was quite a nice way to mix it up.  Plus, there was about a mile or so of dirt trail leading from 2300 East down to the gully, so I got even more trail miles!

New found "trail."
Lookie lookie!  It's the gully!

There were two huge birds that flew across the path in front of me.  One settled in a tree right on the path.  They looked like falcons or hawks!  Super cool!

The foliage in the gully is a bit over grown from all the rain.  It's just beautiful!  

10 miles
1:54
11:26 pace

Oh, and did I mention I was sore from yesterday?  Yeah, I'm sore.  So all things considered I'm very happy with my overall pace!

2 comments:

  1. Love pictures of trail runs! Your Corner Canyon post was fun to read as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm a total picture person! I LOVE stopping for photos, or snapping them on the run! :)

      Delete

Comments make me feel loved.