I've MOVED! Come check out my new website and blog! reneeyeoman.com

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Yay for pepper spray!

I headed out from my Dad's house early on Sunday morning and out one of the few main streets with a sidewalk.  It was fairly pleasant out, but a lot more humid than I'm used to.  It was a quite nice run aside from the collar-less dog who kept jumping on me and wouldn't leave me alone, who I finally had to spray with pepper spray.  I felt quite bad about it, but he was a little more aggressive than I would have preferred and wouldn't respond to any of my multiple attempts to kick and holler at him to get away. The spray did the trick though, and he left me to lick himself in a patch of grass.  Luckily he was no where to be seen on my return trip.  I was soaked when I got back, as it was pretty hot by 8am.  I will be happy to run at home now, where, despite the heat it's not humid!  However, there is something to be said for running at sea level!

10 miles 
1:44
10:24 pace 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I was a bit scary. I was so torn between not wanting to hurt the dog & not wanting a chunk taken out of my thigh. LOL The desire to not have a dog bite prevailed!

      Delete

Comments make me feel loved.