I've MOVED! Come check out my new website and blog! reneeyeoman.com

Friday, July 19, 2013

Renee V. Renee

The start of this week was great.  I got out there and even felt fantastic on my seven mile run on Wednesday and followed that up with an intense back session at the gym with Jeff.  Then came Thursday.  I got up at 6:30am, got out of bed, got completely dressed in my running gear and then went back to bed!  I have never done that before.  Ever.  I was just too wiped out.  A combination of early mornings and kids that have been up in the night and I just couldn't get out the door.  Oh well, we all have those days.  However, when my alarm went off at 6:30a this morning, it took me 45 minutes to convince myself to get out of bed.  I said to myself, "Self!  Get up!  You have a 50K coming up that is not going to run itself!  Just do three miles!"  I got up and wasn't a quarter of a mile away from home when I knew it was going to be one of those long three milers.  Physically I actually felt fine, but my head wasn't in the game.  I made myself do an out and back, because I knew if I got anywhere near my house I'd call it early.  Sometimes that's just how it goes I suppose.  But, I still got out there.  It wasn't the five miler I was planning, but it was better than staying in bed!  

3 miles
34:53
11:38 average pace

Jeff, showing me how it's done.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me feel loved.