I've MOVED! Come check out my new website and blog! reneeyeoman.com

Friday, June 24, 2016

Eat this now! Protein Ice Cream


I have been playing with protein smoothies and protein ice cream for quite some time.  Then, thank you Instagram, I came across this gem of a recipe!  Obviously, I cannot take credit for this masterpiece, but it is deee-licious!  It does make quite a bit of ice cream, though, so you might want to have a friend handy to help you eat it all! 

Thanks to @katielynnbutler for sharing!
6oz almond milk
2 Scoops chocolate protein powder (she suggests Orgain, which I've used and is super yummy, but I chose RawFusion)
1T dark cocoa powder
1T Stevia
1/2 t hazelnut extract (however I didn't have any on hand, so I used almond extract and it was fab!)
2 1/2 C ice

Use a high powered blender like my beautiful Vitamix and blend all the above ingredients, then add 1/2 t xanthan gum (this is what gives it that creamy ice cream texture, so don't skip it!)





This protein ice cream is so delicious, that, with a little added love it even makes an awesome "cheat" or as one of my clients says, "treat yo-self meal!"

What are you waiting for!?  Go make this now and don't forget to share your joy on social media and tag me!
Instagram @ReneeYeoman 
Twitter @RunReneeBlog
Facebook @ReneeYeomanCPT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me feel loved.