I've MOVED! Come check out my new website and blog! reneeyeoman.com

Friday, May 31, 2013

Oooh! A Race!

All of a sudden this morning I realized I'm running a race tomorrow!  I'm feeling very excited about it.  21K will be fairly easy for me, but a decent run.  Plus, it's a new adventure!  After my last few runs and feeling so stellar I'm thinking tomorrow should be cake.  I realize it's possible to have an off day tomorrow, but I'm just going to think positive.  

Yesterday's Corner Canyon run started with a 600'+  climb followed by a second 400' climb.  Not too difficult in the world of ultrarunning, but I'm extremely happy with my finishing time of 1 hour and 39 minutes for an 8.7 mile trail run.

The Xterra 21K that I'm running tomorrow barely has any elevation gain.  I'm hoping I can really hammer down and run this quick.  It's a half marathon distance, so longer than yesterday's run, but not as difficult.  I have no idea what the trail condition is like as I've never been to Jordanelle, but I can't imagine a trail next to a lake would be extremely rugged.  I guess I'll find out in the morning!  Packet pick up is tomorrow morning before the race.  Squeee!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me feel loved.