I've MOVED! Come check out my new website and blog! reneeyeoman.com

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

450.3 miles down, 2 to go

450.3 miles.  That's how many miles I've run to train for this 50k.  I have a two miler on Friday left and that's it.  Can you believe it?  

Today my mind is an endless reel of questions and lists.  Should I pack a drop bag?  I think so, since the weather is so squirrely. Why is it only going to be a high of 34 degrees on race day?  At least it isn't supposed to rain.  Ok, I'll pack a drop bag, then at least I have extra clothes if I need them.  What should I bring for after the race?  I should get some beer for after the race.  I wonder if they have any good gluten free beer at the liquor store.  I think I'll make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.  I had better make bread. Why did I have a sore throat this morning?  I hope it's just the weather.  I hope my right leg doesn't bother me on race day.  I'd better use the foam roller and stretch again later.  What should I wear?  Long sleeves.  No.  Short sleeves and a long sleeve.  No.  Long sleeves and a vest.  Ok, yeah, that will work.  You get the idea.  It doesn't stop!  And I still have three days until race day!  It's going to be a long week!

Stuff, from left to right: clothes for after, clothes for drop bag, hydration pack and food, clothes to wear and Luna the cat (he's not coming on race day though.)

Oh yeah, and I ran today.  It wasn't a great run, but it was fine.  The weather is cool, wet and windy.  A wonderful first day of Spring.  HA!  I think it was good for me to get moving, but  my mind wasn't in the run.  My mind was on Saturday.  
3 miles
33 min
11:00 pace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me feel loved.