I've MOVED! Come check out my new website and blog! reneeyeoman.com

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Back to Back?

Is it still a back to back if you do the longer run on the second day?  I really don't know.  However, since my plan calls for several back to backs and Sunday works out best for me to run long, I do my "short" long runs the day before.  Today, I met up with Michelle who ran with me and the great group of ladies last week in Millcreek Canyon.  She was running a little late, so I ran about 1.25 miles before she was ready.  We met at the Equestrian Center trailhead and headed up into Corner Canyon.  

It was a very nice and easy run.  I didn't want to push it too hard, since I have my long run tomorrow.  I was a little frustrated at myself, because I unintentionally cut our run short by looking at the wrong lap screen on my Garmin.  We finished up with 8.74 miles under foot, which was a bit shorter than I had intended.  However, I was anxious to get to my son's soccer game, so we called it and I headed home.  I then decided to just run to the game.  I changed my socks and shirt and threw on my street shoes and ran the 1.66 miles to the soccer field.  I felt much better about my mileage total after that, and bonus, it brought my average pace way down!  

Can I also just say that I guess I should post more pictures of myself in my underwear, because I had a record number page hits yesterday!  Ha ha!  I suppose I should have seen that coming!  

A lovely morning in Corner Canyon!




10.4 miles
2:11
12:36 pace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me feel loved.