I've MOVED! Come check out my new website and blog! reneeyeoman.com

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Teach me how to Jurek

Today Scott Jurek was at my local running store, Wasatch Running Center.  He did a group run, then talked about his book, answered questions and did a book signing.  I was so very excited to be there!  He was a very nice guy and made it a point to run a little bit with everyone in the group.  I told him that I read his book and about my first ultra.  We talked a bit about the Antelope Island runs and he asked me if I was going to do another ultra.  I told him I was going to and that I felt good afterward.  He commented that that meant I did my training right!

In from the run and geeked as ever.

Poor Katherine was having a fight with asthma today and asthma was telling her who is boss.  She just came for the book signing.







At the end of his talk he did a few give always.  I knew that the person in his book who said "Be somebody" was Dusty!  I got a package of kinesiology tape.  I've never used tape before, but hey, I have the chance to try it now.

Waiting in line.









My turn!  What a nice guy.  He was very humble and appreciative to everyone.  It was a pleasure to meet him!



Katherine and Scott

Yes, Scott Jurek, I will!



Oh, and don't forget the awesome buttons that Katherine made us and he signed!  You know this is going on my hydration pack!!!


Miles with Scott Jurek* 4.14
Time with Scott Jurek* 44:29
Pace with Scott Jurek* 10:44
*A lot of the other runners actually made it a little farther than me, because you know I was at the back of the pack.  But, hey I don't care.  I got to run with Scott Jurek!


2 comments:

  1. Ha! I thought I saw a photo of you of the group shot outside the store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I hadn't seen the photo yet! I'll have to snag it! ;)

      Delete

Comments make me feel loved.