I've MOVED! Come check out my new website and blog! reneeyeoman.com

Sunday, July 7, 2013

New Trails!

A beautiful long run in Corner Canyon this morning.  I headed out from the Coyote Hollow trailhead just after 6am and went up and back on Clark's.  Then I met Meghan and we headed out to Ann's trail and found one of the new trails that have been built.  We went about a mile up Maple Hollow before turning around to take Meghan back to her car.  The new trail was a bit of a climb, but not too steep.  It was very fun to run down!  I can't wait to go back out it and check out the whole trail!  After Meghan left, I did another loop up Clark's and down Canyon Hollow.  I was a bit tired on my third climb, but managed to be full of energy for the downhill and ran as fast as I could.  I kept thinking of something I just read in Ultrarunning Magazine that said to run fast downhills you must have the mindset of a kamikaze pilot.  I love running fast downhill and pushed myself thinking, "kamikaze! kamikaze!"  Tee hee.

Kurtis sent his new friend, Norman the Voodoo doll, with me.  It was nice to have the company.   

View from Maple Hollow


14.45 miles
3:08
13:00 pace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me feel loved.