I've MOVED! Come check out my new website and blog! reneeyeoman.com

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Light at the end of the Tunnel

This morning I woke up feeling better than I have all week!  My knee is feeling drastically better today.  I can walk with zero pain.  Stairs still make me wince, but not nearly as bad as earlier this week.  This simple switch was enough to take me from thoughts of a DNS (did not start) or DNF (did not finish) to visualizations of myself at the finish line of my second 50k!  

All week I've been resting my leg as much as possible, foam rolling, icing, using arnica, stretching and resting more, still.  Feeling so much better this morning I hopped over to the gym for a bit of a workout.  I felt so much better after getting a workout in!  I did:
Bench press
Lat pull downs
Dumbell overhead press
Hip adductors & abductors
Leg raises (very light weight)

Anti-inflammatory line up
Hello hip workout.  Help me out here, okay?

Plus, I went to the chiropractor, whom I love!  Seriously, if you are a runner in the Salt Lake area, look up Dr. Mark.  He has helped me though so many minor running injuries!  Plus, I did a little bit of walking today and am still feeling good!  Hooray!

1.5 miles 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me feel loved.