I've MOVED! Come check out my new website and blog! reneeyeoman.com

Friday, October 4, 2013

Yoga, Food and the Final Fourteen

Yoga was awesome today!  So many push ups and yoga push ups my arm pits and shoulders are sore.  I'm feeling really good getting into the gym while I'm impatiently waiting for my knee to quit hurting.  It's better than it was and I actually walked (only slightly painfully) down the stairs in my house like a normal person this morning!  Two more days off running and then Monday I'll reevaluate and decide if I can get in a small run or two next week.  

One of my biggest challenges this week has been to not overeat.  I can't risk weight gain right now.  The last thing I need is a few extra pounds in addition to a bum knee on race day.  I've done fairly well, however, I have eaten more than my fair share of marshmallows.  What can I say?  Marshmallows are good.

Did I mention that in fourteen days I'll be running my second ever ultramarathon?  I'm starting to get really excited!  Now that the panic of bum knee-dom is subsiding, the realization is hitting me!  I'm doing this thing again!  Antelope Island 50k, here I come! WAAAHOOOOO!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me feel loved.