I've MOVED! Come check out my new website and blog! reneeyeoman.com

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Revisiting Goals

In April I made myself some goals for this year.  It's been about six months since I sat down and wrote out my goals and I thought now would be a good time to revisit those goals and see how I'm doing.  Here they are:

1. Stay injury free 
Number one is probably the trickiest of all those goals.  I've done fairly well, and since I completed my big race for the year and am feeling fantastic I'll say I managed that one, albeit by the skin of my teeth.

2. Cross train twice a week
I've actually done much much better at this one than I had previously!  Weight lifting and yoga have made their way into my weekly routine and I'm loving them both.

3. Get to 130lbs (was weighing between 135.5-138)
This one is probably the simplest goal (notice I said simple, not easy!)  I am now hovering between 132-135, so I'm certainly getting there!

4. Do hills
Bam!  Done!  I am feeling like a much better uphill runner these days!  Antelope Island 50k proved to me that my hard work is paying off.  I was able to run much more uphill than I used to be able to!

5. Do speed work
FAIL!  Yeah.  I have done about zero speed work.  The year isn't over yet, right?

6. Enjoy running
This goal is my favorite and I have to say with 100% certainly it has been achieved!  I have loved running more and more this year!  Just check out the geeky smile on my face in all my running pictures.  Yeah.  I'm loving it!

Overall, I'm very pleased with myself and the progress I've made so far this year.  Now, I guess I'd better start thinking about speed work...


Two days before race day.  Lean, mean running machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me feel loved.