I've MOVED! Come check out my new website and blog! reneeyeoman.com

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Dirt, Shoulders & New Kicks

The weather is turning so warm and nice, it's like Spring out!  I'm loving all the dirt trails and lack of frozen extremities.  Saturday morning Katherine, Dona and I met up at Coyote Hollow trailhead to run Ann's out and back.  My plan was to then do another, different loop for a total of about 12 miles, but that didn't happen.  Too much going on at home, and not enough motivation!  But, the miles we did do were wonderful.  It was a beautiful day in Corner Canyon!  We ran into a couple fellows we know from the Wasatch Mountain Wranglers group, but I think we were a little to pokey for them and they took off.  It was still fun to meet other local trail runners and say hello.  

There were tons of deer tracks!
This is what fun looks like!
I LOVE DIRT!
8.7 miles
1:51
12:45 average pace

Then, in the afternoon, I had a bit of time to myself so I did two things.  I hit the running store and the gym.(Shocker, right?)  Number one, I went and bought myself a pair of Altra's for road running.  I am so super stoked about these shoes!  These are actually the men's version of the Intuition 1.5, the Instinct 1.5.  This is what happens when you have feet the size of small boats.  Whatever, they fit wonderfully and it's not like these are the first men's shoe I've purchased.  Next time, I'll just have to have them order my size in the ladies.  

Plus, who can resist a clearance sale?  Not me!  I got both of these pairs of shorts for a total of $35!  Score!
Then shoulders, shoulders, shoulders!  
I'm feeling strong and very happy with my muscle gains.  I know I've said it before, but I'll keep saying it:  I am feeling really positive about this year's racing season.  Bring on that 100k!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me feel loved.