I've MOVED! Come check out my new website and blog! reneeyeoman.com

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Hooray for Leg Day!

I'll just say it.  I'm a glutton for punishment.  Saturday I climbed to the top of Lake Mountain, came home and collapsed on the couch for the afternoon before gearing up to go to the gym.  Why would I do this, you ask.  Well, I'd already agreed to go do leg day with Jeff and it seemed the thing to do.  I was tired and so was he, after working a 60 hour work week.  But we headed over to the gym at about 6:30p on Saturday night to party it up!  


1 mile walk- treadmill
Leg extensions
Leg curls
Box squats
Leg press
Donkey calf raise

Gaining strength and shape!
Jeff is a beast!  His legs make mine look like tooth picks.

First time doing box squats.  I think I aggravated my knee with deep and heavy squats, so I'm going to try these for a while.  They felt good and my knee is feeling 100% this weekend, so that is fantastic, all the way around.  Plus, I squatted 115#!


We get to the calf raise machine and I do my set.  Jeff asks me in surprise, "Did you just lift that!?"  The pin was on 136lbs (so I thought) but turns out it was actually 136kg or 300lbs! However, I usually do what I thought was 145lbs but is actually 320lbs.  Surprise!  I have stronger calves than I thought!  Shameless selfie time!

2 comments:

  1. Um, I'd say you're looking pretty buff. Great job, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cory! The very best part is how amazing I'm feeling running these days!

      Delete

Comments make me feel loved.