I've MOVED! Come check out my new website and blog! reneeyeoman.com

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Hello Negative Split! Move over, Speedy K!

For a girl who didn't really feel like running today, I kicked some serious ass!  It was fairly crisp out, but not too cold, however the chill motivated me to move at first.  Then, I was moving with ease and feeling really good, so I picked up the pace.  I did the first lap with my pup, but his elbow still isn't the same, so I left him at home after 1.5 miles and went back for more!  I was hell bent on getting my pace below a ten minute mile, and what do ya know?  I did it!  Move over Katherine, I'm coming to get you!

People often ask me what I wear to run in the cold weather.  Today was 40º and mostly cloudy.  There was a slight breeze, but not too windy.  I wore shorts, a tank, a light weight long sleeve and gloves.  At first I was cold, but after about half a mile I was just right!
BAM!

3 miles
29:51
9:57 pace

lap 1: 15:19, 10:12 pace
lap 2: 14:32, 9:41 pace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me feel loved.